National Scholarship is a part of the Mission Mode Project of National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). On National Scholarship Portal various services related to the national scholarship for students are being offered. It is a single place for all kinds of state and central government scholarship schemes.
Under National Scholarship Program, around 1617084 institutions in total including boards and universities are registered. The main goal of the government is to offer students a very simple and responsible SMART (Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & transparent) system using which students can get scholarships easily and quickly. For more information, please go to www.scholarships.gov.in.
Benefits of availing scholarship through Mission Mode Project of National Scholarships Portal
Government has made it very helpful easy to access for students to avail benefits under one single roof for all kinds of education institutions of state and central government. There are so many benefits of making application at National Scholarship Portal which is listed below:
- Simple Process of Application
- Transparent System
- Data availability of all nationalized institutions and their courses.
- A comprehensive MIS System – To keep everything under check starting right from the registration of scholarship application to the final transfer of funds to beneficiary bank account.
Important Steps to Fill an Online Application
The Mission Mode Project of National e-Governance Plan has set three types of scholarships such as Pre-Matric Scholarship, Post Matric Scholarship and Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship depending on the student’s education. Using one of these provided scholarships, students can avail benefits under this program. The process of scholarship is followed by a series of steps which are given below:
- First, Visit the website – www.scholarships.gov.in/.
- Here, student can select the scholarship which he or she is eligible for i.e:
- Pre-Matric Scholarship
- Post matric Scholarship
- Merit – Cum – Means Scholarship
- Now click on “Apply for Fresh” or “New User? RegisterNow” to go to the registration form for scholarship.
- Here, student will see the registration form page where he/she needs to submit all the detailed information such as:
- Name of the Student
- Name of the State or Union Territory
- Mother/Father/Guardian’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Number
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- After filling all the details carefully, students can submit their application form.
- Once the application is successfully submitted, a 20 digit temporary ID will be generated and will be shared on the mobile number provided in the application.
- Now, students are required to fill personal details in the fields provided: – Whether if a student is disabled/orphan and the gross income of their parents or guardian or of themselves if they have any.
- After filling all these details, students will need to click on “Save and Continue” after which a list of the scholarship schemes will appear for which the student is eligible.
- Students are now need to click (✓) on all the eligible schemes.
- Here, now students are asked to click on “Show required documents” and these document are needed to be uploaded in scanned images of .JPEG or .JPG or .PNG or .TIFF or .GIF format and of maximum size 100KB.
Required documents are:
- Fee Structure of the institution (Admission, Tuition, Examination and Library Fee)
- A self-attested photograph of Student in passport size
- Proof of Income (DM/Revenue Authority)
- Mark Sheet of Last Year
- Scanned Signature
- Aadhaar card Details (Non-Mandatory)
- Religion Certificate: [Acceptable format can be downloaded from the website and should be uploaded after filling carefully]
- Verification form of Institution of education: [Acceptable format can be downloaded from the website and should be uploaded after filling carefully]
- Details of the Bank Account of the Student
- A declaration form, downloaded from the website of the National Scholarships Portal and can be uploaded after being filled carefully
- Once the documents required are uploaded successfully, students can click on “Save & Continue”.
- Now, they are required to submit the bank details manually in the fields of the online form. Required details are about bank are:
- Name of the Bank
- Branch name of the bank
- Bank Account Number
- IFSC Code
- District and State of the bank
- Now, student are required to click on “Save & Continue” option after which they will be redirected to fill the last details of their permanent address and present address.
- Once a student is done with contact details such as their permanent address and present address, they can finally submit the application after which a permanent ID will be generated.
- Students are requested to keep this Permanent ID saved for future reference and to track the status of their scholarship application.
Important Note for the Students
All the students who wish to apply for the scholarship through Mission Mode Project of National e-Governance Plan are advised to stay in touch with the website of the department i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in.
We also request the students to not to change their contact number as they will be receiving notifications of the application status on their mobile phone number. Here, they can stay notified of new news and updated related to scholarship programs.